Thursday, March 26, 2009

Chapter 18 - "Ask Me No Questions"

"It's rare that Abba says much these days. I think it's gnawing at him, all those weeks in detainment."

I think that, after reading the end of the book, there have been several character changes, or switches. Aisha and Nadira, though they didn't completely switch places, became more like each other. Nadira became more confident and strong like Aisha, and Aisha, overwhelmed by how she can't easily fix her family's situation, lost confidence and became more sensitive and more of a follower like Nadira. Also, I think that Abba and their mom almost switched places, too. Their mom becomes more comfortable in her surroundings, while Abba seems to draw back into a more quiet character, like their mom was in the beginning. I am not necessarily happy about some of these changes, but I hope everything works out well for their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment